Adobe this morning confirmed a ZDNet report that Flash Player would be going the way of the dinosaurs, marking a fairly major shift in the company’s mobile strategy. Instead, Adobe will focus on AIR for cross-platform mobile applications, and to ramp up its contributions to HTML5 — with which it also had been working all along.
In this tutorial I’am going to show how to Force install Apps to SD without ROOT.
1.Download the Android SDK from here
2.Unzip the contents of the Zip file [Let’s Say C:\android-sdk]
3.You need to have your phone’s USB drivers installed in your PC to continue,if you do not have drivers installed then you can download it from here
Steps for installing your phones drivers[In Case you don’t have them installed on your PC]:
- Unzip the drivers
- Select Locate and install driver software
- Select Don’t search online
- Select I don’t have the disk. Show me other options
- Select Browse my computer for driver software
- Click Browse… and locate the folder where you unzipped the drivers zip file
- Click Next
- Click Install to install
4.Now plug in your phone via USB with USB debugging turned on.
5.Now press Windows + r
6.Type cmd and press Enter.
7.Type cd C:\android-sdk\platform-tools
8.Type adb shell in the command prompt window and press enter.
9.You should see a $ sign.
10.Now type pm setInstallLocation 2
11.Unplug your phone from the computer and restart it.
Note:Some apps like widgets,social networking,custom launchers need to be manually moved to the internal memory as they will not function properly if they are installed on the sd card.
Your smartphone can now be a gaming console,thanks to added support to USB game pads and HDMI in Android 4.0
Android Honeycomb was the first Android OS to support USB hosting on a tablet.Google Frame work engineer Romain Guy confirmed on twitter that Ice Cream Sandwich would support USB gamepads and HDMI.This means that you can literally turn your phone into a Gaming console by connecting it to a TV and playing games with a game pad.
CM 7.1 adds support for the following devices:
- HTC Desire S, Incredible S, Incredible 2
- LG Optimus 2X and T-Mobile G2x
- Motorola Backflip (Motus), Cliq / Cliq XT, Defy, Droid 2, Droid X
- Samsung Captivate, Fascinate, Mesmerize, Showcase, Vibrant, Galaxy S, Galaxy S2 (multiple carriers)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X8, Xperia Mini, Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia Neo, Xperia Play, Xperia Ray, Xperia Arc
- ZTE V9
You can download it straight from the ROM manager or head over here.